In search of the perfect taco...two tacos at a time

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Sago Modern Mexican Restaurant

Tacos: ...and a half

Salsa:Pepper

Price: Dollars Dollars Dollars Dollars Dollars Dollars Dollars Dollars


Sago Modern Mexican Restaurant
North Guadalupe and Lamar @ The Triangle
Austin, TX 78751


I hate having two poor reviews in a row, but it's what I'm eating. Sago is one of many brand new restaurants at the Triangle, an upscale mixed use complex in North Central Austin. Being new, I can forgive any quality issues. but I guess I'm not used to 'Modern Mexican'. NO crispy tacos...just soft (corn or flour), which is to me and most folks from West Texas, is a burrito. No ground beef...brisket, chicken, fish, and shrimp! And I couldn't order just tacos, it had to be the meal, but the wait person was willing to go check with the chef.

As it was, not bad, but as I said they are new and literally just open their doors. A little brisket, slices of avacado and some tomato, white looking rice, and a bowl of very good charro beans.

The salsa must have been modern mexican too. One was made with tomatillos and not bad, the other was a chili tasing sauce...neither were what one would call 'hot' or that good.

For lunch, very pricey, and considering all the competition, I imagine their prices will come down or they will have lunch specials. I'll try them again later.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Flores Online, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://flores-on-line.blogspot.com. A hug.